Sie/hir

Subject: Sie/hir
From: Anatole Wilson <awilson -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 08:14:54 PST

I have to say I don't understand "sie/hir." How is it supposed to be used,
and if the terms are supposed to mask gender, why are there two terms instead
of just one? Seems to me you could easily suppose that "sie" means "his" and
"hir" means "her."

Anatole Wilson "We are all interested in the
Sr. Assoc. Information Developer future, for that is where
IBM, Santa Teresa Labs you and I will spend
awilson -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com the rest of our lives."
all company disclaimers apply - Criswell, Plan 9 From Outer Space