Minnesota job fair

Subject: Minnesota job fair
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 12:52:00 -0500

Shelly asked:

SL>I'm curious about to whether or not your companies ever recruit
SL>tech writers at job fairs.

I'd like to add:

Has anyone been hired (or know anyone who's been hired) at a job fair?

My experience with them has been that they are filled with hundreds (and
likely thousands) of people in dark-colored suits, and that you wait in
line for hours to get a handshake and a chance to hand someone your
resume. I've also never seen technical writing jobs available at them (I
went to one on the premise that "if they're looking for engineers and
programmers, they'll be looking for technical writers soon" approach.
I've used this method successfully at some software company open
houses.) Anyway, I never saw a lead from this job fair, and disliked the
whole thing so much I've never tried one again.

Barb

barb -dot- philbrick -at- pcohio -dot- com
---
~ CMPQwk 1.4 #9107 ~ More hay, Trigger? No thanks Roy, I'm stuffed.

PC-Ohio PCBoard PO Box 21411
The Best BBS in America South Euclid OH 44121
DATA: 216-381-3320 pcohio.com FAX: 216-291-2685