Re: Mom

Subject: Re: Mom
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:39:25 CST

Jan Boomsliter asks:
|} Let me throw this one Out There: do adults in all regions of the
|} country call their mothers "Mom?"
|}

Let's see, born in Montana, raised in Idaho, Montana, and Washington.
I would never refer to my Mom as Mother or my Dad as Father. Just
doesn't sit right. Gather from that what you will.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem