style guide survey

Subject: style guide survey
From: LENDA ZIEGLER <NLNDA -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 22:21:16 -0600

Date: November 15.1994
To: Any and all editors out there
From: NLNDA, a graduate student in Technical Communication
Subject: Style guides

Even though I've already sent this once, and have received
several responses, I really need more.
I sure would appreciate it if any editor who reads this
message would respond to this little survey so that I will
have enough original research to add to an article I am
writing. I was told that you can just copy the survey to a
file, fill in the blanks, and then send the file back to me:
nlnda -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu -dot- As you know, the more editors who
respond, the more accurate my statistics will be. Thanks
again for your help. And thanks to all who already
responded. I will send results in December.
Style guide Survey

1. Your e-mail address:

2. Your job title:

3. Short job description:

4. Your place of business:

5. Name of primary commercial style guide used at your place
of business:

6. Why do you use this one?

7. Do you have a RpersonalizedS style guide (one written
specifically for your business)?

8. Why? or Why not?

9. & 10. From your experience, IF your business has its own
RpersonalizedS style guide, what are the two most-used
entries in it?
(If you donUt use a RpersonalizedS style guide, leave these
blank.)

11. & 12. From your experience, what are the two most-used
entries in the commercial style guide used at your business?
Please try to respond before Thursday, November 17, 1994 (my
birthday.)

Thanks so much for your help and time in answering and
returning the survey to me at:

nlnda -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu