Re: Limited Experience on Resumes

Subject: Re: Limited Experience on Resumes
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 12:30:11 PST

Use a functional resume instead of a chronological resume.

Even though I have 5+ years experience as a tech writer, I
still use the functional resume because it lets me show
my functional accomplishments rather than my job experience.

If you do this, you can include experience not related
to a paying job

If you just want to show that you know a lot of tools, list
them in a tools section of your resume. when I write about
my accomplishments I do not say what I did it on. I leave
that for the interview and for the appropriate section on
the resume.

Does that help?

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com