Video Scripting

Subject: Video Scripting
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 08:39:42 EST

I don't know about anybody else, but I was a little bit confused by the
term "video script." I sent a private message to the person that asked the
original question, and I also loaded her up with tons of high-tech suggestions.

When I read "video script" I assumed she was referring to an on-line multi-
media production, hence my suggestions that she go for muscle power

It never crossed my mind that she might have meant "selling for television."
If that's the case, I have to recant my suggestion.

If all you're doing is writing words, then you don't need the cutting edge of
technology. You do need to be portable. Get a rugged laptop, don't get any
fancy features. Keep in mind that the limiting speed factor will be your
typing speed and creativity speed more than it will be the processor speed.

It's possible some of the other "advisors" interpreted the term "video script"
the same way I did.

Ironically, I worked in broadcasting for a few years.....

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com