Re: The future of our profession & "Future Shock"

Subject: Re: The future of our profession & "Future Shock"
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 10:57:57 EST

Mike Uhl mentioned that "Future Shock" was published in 1970, and Mike said
that Toffler "never saw the Internet!"

True. I was suddenly struck by the timing, though. If the book was published
in 1970, than it was probably in-work in 1969. Isn't that the same year that
the DARPAnet (later known as the internet) was first turned on?

Funny how these things work out sometimes....

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com