Re: related to binders and printing

Subject: Re: related to binders and printing
From: Bob Armao <bob -at- BRS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 16:39:27 EDT

> Ok, here's a related question:

> One of the folks responding to my previous request mentioned that foreign
> customers preferred the perfect bound format to the three-ring format. I'm
> aware that Euorpean standards for binders are two- and four-ring binders.
Has
> anyone run into problems sending three-ring binders to Europe or Asia?

> Kimberly

Yes our London office does not distribute three-ring binders either.
Apparently they standardize on a four-ring binder.

Actually we are moving away from ring binders for the many reasons
already discussed in this thread. But in the past we have supplied
our London office with Postscript files and they did their own binding.
That worked for us.

In the future, we plan to adapt an on-demand electroinic printing strategy
with perhaps a plastic coil binding. I've seen that lay-flat binding
that several people have mentioned. I like that very much but it is
rather expensive and not many print shops do this kind of binding
routinely -- yet.