Re: Steve's REquest

Subject: Re: Steve's REquest
From: "Brian F. Gregg, N04-3A, ext. 2724" <bgregg -at- FOXBORO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 12:22:06 LCL

>"The foreseeable future. A cliche, and a fuzzy one. How much of the
>future is foreseeable? Ten minutes? Ten years? Any of it? By whom is it
>foreseeable? Seers? Experts? Everybody?"
> --Strunk and White, "The Elements of Style"

These texts really make me chuckle sometimes. A good philosophy student can
take any statement apart, including this one. A simple answer to the
questions posed above: It depends on the context of what's being discussed.
It's after noon here and lunch is in my forseeable future. (1/2 hour and
forseen by me.)

BG

-Quid, mei vexare?-