Help File Resume

Subject: Help File Resume
From: "USA::MU17692" <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 15:05:00 EDT

About Help File Resumes...

I am convinced that I did not succeed in winning a job
recently because I did not have my resume online. That is
to say, if I had my resume in the form of a Windows .HLP
file, I am confident I would now have the job for which I
interviewed two weeks ago.

If creating online help is an important part of a job for
which you are applying, being able to provide a resume in
the form of a help file is a very valuable edge. Soon, it
will be de rigueur.

Several of my colleagues and I are going to work together
to create resumes as .HLP files and submit them for
appropriate jobs.

In the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina, the
job market for technical communicators is very competitive.
We're all looking for any kind of edge.

And as one of our colleagues pointed out in this forum, there
is no "best AND cheapest" method for creating online help
files. As for me, I've chosen the RoboHelp method.

Mike Uhl (uhl~m -at- glaxo -dot- com)
Glaxo Inc. Research Institute
Research Triangle Park, NC