Re: Use of Object Oriented Programming Terms in Documentation

Subject: Re: Use of Object Oriented Programming Terms in Documentation
From: "Documentation is part of the product." <angela -at- VENUS -dot- SMARTSTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 08:55:45 -0700

terms should be used in documentation, I have another question:
Do your users care whether or not your software is object oriented?

The software I write about is object oriented as well, and our customers
buy it specifically because it is object oriented. Some of them are very
knowledgeable about O.O. and want the capabilities it provides. Others
are not so knowledgeable, but want to be on the O.O. bandwagon. We have
a section up front describing O.O. concepts and how they're applied in
our software. From then on, we use O.O. terms in the documentation.

Do your users care whether the printer is considered an object by your
software? If so, then maybe you'll need to educate them a little and use
the O.O. terms. If not, they'll probably just be annoyed at having to
think about a printer in different terms that what they're used to.

Angela Howard