How much experience?

Subject: How much experience?
From: Shelly LaRock <smlarock -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 14:49:26 EDT

Hi everyone,

Guess I've just been kinda lurking for a while. Since school's started I've
been putting
in a lot of hours. It's amazing how different school and "the real world" are!

I have a question about work experience. When a company asks how much work
experience
I have, I'm never quite sure what to put down. Except for working in industry
this
past summer, all of my tech writing experience has been in school, but outside
of the
classroom. How should this be interpreted? If a company asks for a "minimum of
2 yrs."
can I safely apply for the job (ok, I would anyway, but I just want to know a
little
more about how to explain my experience in the time aspect)?

Any advice/suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

Shelly La Rock
smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu
STC at Michigan Tech, Houghton, MI