Re: Online/print

Subject: Re: Online/print
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 15:08:42 GMT

In article <TECHWR-L%94092916202060 -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>,
<mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com> wrote:

>I do want to make one thing _very_ clear: IBM writers do have guidelines to
>work from. In my educated not-so-humble opinion, they're decent, consistent,
>thoughtful, and useful. They are not government guidelines. They are
>not consistency for consistency's sake. Inasmuch as there is bad writing
>coming out of IBM (and I doubt there's much), it's despite guidelines, not
>because of them.

To add to this from an outsider's perspective, I once ran across an IBM
style manual that described correct and incorrect ways to use icons,
particularly for the international market. Nice piece of work.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.