Re: Overseas Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Overseas Tech Writing
From: MMB1 <mmb1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 02:47:03 -0400

In article <368its$f3l -at- dcsun4 -dot- us -dot- oracle -dot- com>,
sread -at- nirvana -dot- NoSubdomain -dot- NoDomain (Steve Read) writes:

"Hmm. I pay UK but not US taxes. How'd you manage that one?"

Steve,

The tax treaty between the U.S. and Germany exempted American nationals
working for U.S. state government agencies from paying German tax. And,
because I was out of the U.S. long enough and not working for the U.S.
federal government, I was exempt from U.S. tax.

Alas, whatever harmonic convergence conspired to invoke this particularly
fortuitous circumstance has never happened to me since... but it was fun
while it lasted ;)

Cheers, and thx for your reply!

- Madeline Bechtold (mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com or mmb -at- qad -dot- com)