jobs

Subject: jobs
From: MONETTE DENISE P 678-3843 MACA <dmonette -at- ARL -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 08:29:43 -0600

I have two questions for you all:

First of all, I have been interested in getting editing work from
publishing houses. Do any of you do this, or have you done it? I have
sent out several inquiries to publishing houses to inquire about this
type of job, but I have been very unsuccessful. Is there a protocol for
applying for this type of job?

Second, there has been much talk on this list about contracing agencies.
I would like to get more information on agencies. Does anybody know of
one in New Mexico?

(A bit of history: I have a B.S. in technical communication and am
currently working on my M.A. I have 3 1/2 years technical editing
experience for government contarctors.)

Any help from you all would be appreciated.

Denise