Re: Windows '95

Subject: Re: Windows '95
From: Johndan Johnson-Eilola <johndan -at- SAGE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 10:00:56 EST

Scott J. Wilson wrote

>Having taught Mac classes and Windows classes, I've found that students pick
>up the "single click to select, double click to activate" concept pretty
>quickly.

As I understood the concept, the Mac interface (and those it's based on)
uses the object-action model. Double clicking things in most places on
the mac is actually a shortcut for "click the icon/button to select it
and then click OK/Choose Open.../Whatever". This might be helpful to
keep in mind for training people; I've found the object/action has more
onscreen cues (like buttons) to help novice users.

- Johndan

--
- Johndan Johnson-Eilola johndan -at- sage -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu
Department of English voice: 317/494-1761