RoboHelp Size Limits

Subject: RoboHelp Size Limits
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 16:48:17 GMT

-> I am working with a colleague in writing a standalone help system
-> using RoboHelp. We are concerned about the length of the
-> Project Document. What size limits, if any, does RoboHelp have?
-> What size limits does Word 6.0a have? (I know that Word 2.0c
-> became unstable when the file size approached 7MB.)

I use RoboHelp extensively. You can create a project using multiple
'source' files, and this is definitely the easiest way to manage a large
help project. The 'help project setup' dialog lets you add or remove doc
files to a project.

-> We are converting a 2,000 page written behemoth into a more
-> usable, and less intimidating, help file.

Chunk it up by chapters, or by 'concept'. For instance, "Dialog boxes",
"Procedures", "Menu commands", "Troubleshooting", "Script language".

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket, and you'll find your work will
go faster. Word slows down when doc files get huge, and you risk losing
your work if it decides it's had enough to eat.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world in '94 800-999-9619 805-873-2500