Re: In defense of romance

Subject: Re: In defense of romance
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 11:49:00 CDT

>WandaJane -- Personally, I *choose* to leave *desire* to romance writers
>:-)

and

>no offense to romance writers...

Did you know romance writers have 47% of the mass market sales? Don't lump
in the bad with the good--romance novels over the past few years have
improved tremendously, in part to the national Romance Writers Association
(7,500 members worldwide). And as a side note--there is a huge difference
between category books (Harlequin/Silhouette) and mainstream romance novels.
Both have specific markets, though, and both are big money for authors and
publishing houses.

Hummm....guess what I do in my spare time? :-)

Kayla Westra

Send flames to
13718westr -at- kcpbldg01 -dot- bv -dot- com