Re: Overseas Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Overseas Tech Writing
From: JPG3 <jpg3 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 09:59:05 -0400

Madelaine <mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com (MMB1)> asks about working as a writer overseas. I
have done this. I was working for Wang back in the '80s and was at an
International Society of Wang Users (ISWU) meeting where I was introduced
to the president of a company in New Zealand that wrote software that ran
on Wang computers. He'd been loooking for a writer for a long time, and
had found none locally. We talked, and he sent me some of their stuff to
look at and critique. Well, to make it shorter, they liked what I did &
offered me a job.

It was interesting, but it was also an Elnglish speaking country, which
made it both harder and easier...

More later if you're interested.

John Garison
jgarison -at- zdi -dot- ziff -dot- com