Re: Preparing doc for translation

Subject: Re: Preparing doc for translation
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 17:05:31 -0600

This sounds like a worthwhile collection of information. I'll be looking
forward to seeing more on this. As a writer in an area which is
frequently interesting in issues which must be presented in other
languages, especially both English and Spanish, such information would be
very useful to have.

On Mon, 19 Sep 1994, Doug Osborn wrote:

> Hi All,

> One of the requirements of a documentation set that i am planning at the
> moment is that the documentation is easy to translate into languages other
> than English. I've read about "restricted grammars" - limited
> sets of usable words - that can be used to aid this process.

> Please email me if you have:

> - knowledge about restricted grammars (not sure about the term)
> - an example restricted grammar or pointer to one
> - any tips about preparing doco for translation
> - translated documention before and can list things that would make your
> job easier.

> I will collect responses and post them back to the list.

> Thanks,
> Doug

> Doug Osborn | CiTR, Level 6, Gehrmann labs,
> Technical writer | The University of Queensland,
> InterNet: d -dot- osborn -at- citr -dot- uq -dot- oz -dot- au | St Lucia, Qld, Australia 4072.
> Phone : +61 7 365 4321 | Fax: +61 7 367 0441

* RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu *
* Only the curious wil learn and only the resolute overcome the *
* obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited *
* me more than the intelligence quotient. -Eugene S. Wilson_ *