Validation ve Verification

Subject: Validation ve Verification
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- MAILHUB -dot- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 09:45:33 -0700

I messed up my email. Sorry, I'm still in the curb lane on the info super
highway. I wanted to thank all of you who responded to my question
concerning the difference between validation and verification. There was
wide agreement that in the hardware world, Validation is what the vendor
does to demonsatrate compliance with the specs, and Verification is what
the customer does to check up on the vendor.

It's not so clear cut in the software universe.

Sorry for not personalizing my response.

Regards and thanks

;-{D

Marc A. Santacroce
Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Drive
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
510-645-3469

santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Better to be