Re: Embed Word/Frame style tags in UNIX text?

Subject: Re: Embed Word/Frame style tags in UNIX text?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 22:42:43 -0700

>The text for a Programmer's Reference that I'm working on is extracted
>from headers in C code. I'd like to edit the text right in the headers
>so that I can perform a "mass extraction" for the entire book whenever
>our developers write a significant amount of new code. It would be WAY
>too much work to manually apply styles and formatting to the imported
>text.

Consider preprocessing the C headers with an awk script that puts in the
codes you want. Alternatively, write a program in Word BASIC to analyze the
text file and format it accordingly. Neither of these languages is pretty,
but they both have plenty of power. ...RM

Richard Mateosian srm -at- c2 -dot- org srm -at- radiomail -dot- net (510)540-7745