Concern about content & a

Subject: Concern about content & a
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 09:33:00 -0500

B>To Karyl (who does make a valid point...but) and anyone else who wants
B>to see different topics on this list, I will say what I have said
B>before:

B>THEN WRITE A TOPIC STARTING THAT THREAD!!!

Yes! Don't bitch about it, do something about it!

B>Contractors on the list: What means of expanding your business have
B>been effective for you. We've talked about qualification for
B>beginning, and the relative importance (or lack thereof) of hardware.
B>But how do you sell writing services to those who don't think they
B>need them?

I do mailings and network. I haven't tried to sell people who don't
think they need help - there's too much work for people that know they
need help for me to spend the time. In my mailings, though, I open up
right away with "Too much work for your writing staff? Not enough work
to justify a full-time writer? I can help." This tells people that 1)
I'm not after their jobs and 2) I am a freelancer - I am NOT looking for
full-time employment.

It's worked so far.

Barb

barb -dot- philbrick -at- pcohio -dot- com
---
* CMPQwk 1.4 #9107 * No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.