Re: How to mention tradenames?

Subject: Re: How to mention tradenames?
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 16:36:00 CDT

The _Writer's Digest_ often has ads from companies like DuPont telling you
how to use their trademarks. Pick up a copy and peruse at will!

Kayla
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: How to mention tradenames?
Date: Monday, September 05, 1994 6:53PM

Dear writers,

I have written some technical documentation and make frequent references
to products and company names (like IBM, DOS, WINDOWS, etc.).

Can I do this freely or do I have to list all these names and state
that they are tradenames? Is there a standard phrase/procedure for this
purpose?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!
Herman.

Herman van den Bergen - School of Psychology Technical Supp. Service
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1N 6N5
Tel:613 564-9160 - Fax:613 564-9903 - VDBERGEN -at- ACADVM1 -dot- UOTTAWA -dot- CA