How to beat the resume scanner

Subject: How to beat the resume scanner
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 10:41:13 +0800

Resumix, the software firm used by many companies to scan and sort resumes
has announced a crib sheet that explains how to make your resume
more likely to pass the initial sorting process. Examples of the hints:

Don't keep it short
Use jargon and acronyms
Add extra key words that add to your rating score
Don't mix fonts or use italics
Don't use the MS Word resume template (MS uses Resumix)

I guess we need two resumes, one for machines,
and one for humans.

Bob Morrisette
Documentation Consultant
control -at- qms -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM