Re: training (films, or anything else)

Subject: Re: training (films, or anything else)
From: Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 13:15:10 -0700

Whenever I'm asked to provide information about anything, I
do a rather standard needs analysis. It gives me what I need
to know about the audience, how they will use the information,
and the environment.

Then, I set out to do a task analysis of the actual 'stuff'
that's going to be communicated. All along the way I'm talking
to people and gathering information.

By the time I'm actually writing a script I know a lot about my
client, my audience (including the culture), and the expectations
of both.

This approach serves me in every medium; tutorials (on line or on
paper, video/film, and interactive CD-ROM.

E. Winters: Principal Program Facilitating and Consulting
Instructional Design * Interactivity * Cross - Cultural Communication