Quoting sources

Subject: Quoting sources
From: Sering <cmdavis -at- OURAY -dot- DENVER -dot- COLORADO -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 12:04:28 -0600

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this: if you need to cite
a source in a report, paper, book or other publication that you received
through an Internet posting, how do you footnote it? Is it the same
format as an interview? The same as an excerpt from an article? Something
else? Do you cite the list itself as the source?

I'd appreciate any thoughts any of you might have.

"Ron Sering"
cdavis -at- ouray -dot- denver -dot- colorado -dot- edu