Re: Coining (defining) terms

Subject: Re: Coining (defining) terms
From: Jan Penovich <jpenovic -at- ENCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 16:17:07 GMT

In article <199408311243 -dot- HAA17719 -at- s14b23 -dot- exu -dot- ericsson -dot- se>, Jerry
Blackerby <exujbl -at- exu -dot- ericsson -dot- se> writes:

> I should have asked if an abbreviation or acronym should be
> spelled out and identified the first time it is used or is it
> adequate to only identify abbreviations and acronyms in a
> glossary list.

I spell out the abbreviation or acronym the first time it
appears in any chapter. Not everyone reads a book straight
through from the first through the last chapter, and they may
miss it if they don't read a previous chapter.

TTFN, * jpenovic -at- encore -dot- com
jan penovich
* Encore Computer Corp.