Re: Value judgements about software

Subject: Re: Value judgements about software
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:18:01 -0700

Mark Levinson said:
> Because "old" is a pejorative in many people's eyes (not mine), and I
> don't want to make value judgments about software.

> ** Maybe so. New software is supposed to be better than old software.
> I certainly hope that your company doesn't issue new software that
> is only debatably better than what preceded it.

The version numbers are of another company's software. The software
I'm writing about works with that software in two different ways
depending on the version number. (I tried to make what I said short
and not give all these details, but I see they were necessary, because
they factor in to my thinking on the topic.)

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com