thesaurus and toner carts.

Subject: thesaurus and toner carts.
From: David Venzke <dven -at- COBRA -dot- CLEO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 10:05:34 EDT

To: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Subj: reference books for public relations writers

>My husband does public relations for a software company. Because he writes
>so many of the press releases himself, he needs a thesaurus and ...

The best "thesaurus" I know of is not a thesaurus at all, but rather is:

_The Synonym Finder_ by J. I. Rodale (ISBN 0-446-37029-0 paperback)

There is also a hardcover version, which I do not have the ISBN for because
my copy is at home. The marketing writer here at CLEO makes regular trips
to my work area to consult this book, so I know he finds it useful.

To: Karen Riley <riley -at- CGI -dot- COM>
Subj: reconditioned toner cartridges?

>Any recommendations for where to buy reconditioned HP
>LaserJet 4 toner cartridges? Waited until the last
>minute to buy one and can't believe what they cost.

I have had mixed results using reconditioned cartridges in the past. Now
having said that, as the satisfied owner of an HP4M I've been looking
into this issue over the past several months, and here's what I've
determined:

HP4 cartridges are more expensive, period. The reputable remanufacturers
who have been in the business for a number of years typically charge
$70-80 each for reconditioned cartridges (the CIRCLE 1-800-635-8558, is
one I'm familiar with). On the other hand, new HP cartridges can be had
for about $95 each from several different mail order firms (MEI Micro
1-800-634-3478, is one I'm currently looking at). For my money, the 'real
HP' cartridge is worth the little extra cost -- but I don't go through
more than one of these every 12-18 months.

If you do decide to go with a remanufactured cartridge, please let me know
how it goes.

+From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=+
| Dave Venzke | All opinions expressed here are solely my |
| CLEO Communications | own. Any resemblance to opinions held by |
| 3796 Plaza Drive | my employer is purely coincidental. |
| Ann Arbor MI 48108 | |
| (313) 662-2002, ext. 132 | Address: dven -at- cleo -dot- com |
+From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=+