reconditioned toner cartridges?

Subject: reconditioned toner cartridges?
From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 17:35:06 EDT

Text item: Text_1

Karen -

We used reconditioned toner cartridges for our HPLaserJet III-class
printers and were somewhat less than pleased with them. They did cost
less, but in our experience they leaked toner and caused maintenance
problems (enough to give us major headaches).

I am also not sure if using reconditioned toner cartridges compromises the
warranty on an HP printer.

My unsolicited suggestion is to use the real thing; you might very well
save the cost of maintenance. (In our case, it was definitely a reasonable
decision.)

Hope this helps.

Jane

Jane Torpie
Member of Technical Staff - Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
617-221-2100
JTorpie -at- EaselCor -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com <-------- new address!