question Re: temperature-range style

Subject: question Re: temperature-range style
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 09:44:12 -0600

On Thu, 18 Aug 1994, LaVonna Funkhouser wrote:

> Which is correct, and why?

> 1. ... for use in temperatures 50 to 250oF.
> 2. ... for use in temperatures 50o to 250oF.
> 3. ... for use in temperatures 50oF to 250oF.

> where o equals the degree symbol.

> BTW, international readers may substitute metric equivalents. This
> is only an example.

Any chance you could give the temperatures in Kelvin? Or is your audience
not technical enough to relate to that scale easily? I ask only because
the degree symbol is not used when giving temperatures in Kelvin, so half
your problem is eliminated.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.