Re: windows help

Subject: Re: windows help
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 14:12:51 -0500

The following book has been often recommended to me
(I'm also a beginner when it comes to online help):

_Developing Online Help for Windows_ by Scott Boggan,
David Farkas, and Joe Welinske. As I understand it,
the only way to get this book is to call WinWriters
(Mr. Welinske) and put your name on the backorder list.
(I have done this.) The number is 1-800-838-8999.
I'm told this book is a good reference for organizing your
help project.

Many people also recommend William Horton's _Designing & Writing
Online Documentation_. I have this one; Bill takes more of
a design approach than a "how-to."

By the way, it doesn't hurt me to read the winhlp list, even though
most of the discussion is above my head. You might want to
subscribe. (I don't have the address handy right now.)

Also, if you use RoboHelp, you'll notice that the manual has its
strengths and its weaknesses, but *do* read it and work the
tutorials.

LaVonna Funkhouser
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com