Re: Teaching kids to write bad[ly]

Subject: Re: Teaching kids to write bad[ly]
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- CORE -dot- CORP -dot- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 10:17:22 -0500

>I think both parents and educators should teach kids to write badly as
>part of writing well.

One of the most valuable rules I learned had to do with writing my first draft:

"If there are two ways to say something, and neither way seems exactly
right, choose the one which seems *least* right. It will be easier to
revise the passage later."

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
IN GOD WE TRUST --- All others must provide data