Re: Some people want to fill the world with silly business names...

Subject: Re: Some people want to fill the world with silly business names...
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <lamorela -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 08:45:48 -0400

Hi!
This is only marginally related to the business name thread.
Stan Potts wrote of the VW repair shop called "Karma-chanics". I was just
wondering if anyone out there listens to National Public Radio? If so, you've
probably heard the promo for "CarTalk", the show hosted by Tom & Ray Magliozi
(the so-called "Tappet Brothers"). Anyway, in case you haven't, the promo
starts with a woman calling in to the show asking for help with her VW. Tom or
Ray ask "What model VW?"
She replies, "It's a Quantuum".
One short pause, and Tom and Ray howl, "Oh, I get it! You can't find any
quantuum mechanics!"

ROTFL,
Lori Moreland