Re: Report on how kids can't write well

Subject: Re: Report on how kids can't write well
From: Johanna Manning <johannam -at- RAILS -dot- COAT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 05:19:33 -0400

How many parents think it is their job to pay school taxes and teach their
children to read? How many parents do you think are qualified to teach
their children to read? Maybe that's why so many children in America
cannot read. I tried to teach my daughter to read. It was a mistake.

My only responsibility in this area is to teach my child that reading is
valuable, and a joy.

Johanna