Re: report on how kids can't write

Subject: Re: report on how kids can't write
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 19:01:12 EDT

Andreas Ramos (re)writes:
>Whoever wrote this was doing it on their off day. Run on sentences, mixed
>subjects, unclear point, capitalization errors... Here's a go at it:
>It's still not clear if there is a point to this, but at least it's readable.

Do you carry a pen with you into bathrooms so you can correct the graffiti?
I doubt the writer in question was typing his missive in anticipation of
a free edit session (if he were, he probably would have posted something
more substantial, like an essay, that could benefit from an editor's
read-through).

Anyway, Andreas and I cordially disagree on this one, but I think unsolicited
editing is a trifle on the rude side - and unlikely to accomplish much,
except perhaps embarass the writer. I don't have time to proofread everything
I post to the list, and I extend the courtesy to others (by not proofreading
their posts either).

Take care,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: huffing and puffing in righteous indignation all on my lonesome,
not on behalf of my employer, nor Miss Manners neither.