Re: report on how kids can't write

Subject: Re: report on how kids can't write
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 14:42:30 -0700

Somebody wrote:
"I am happy to say somehow I made it through the public school system
knowing exactly what a noun was. I could even diagram my sentences. I am
also happy to say I am one semester away from having a bachelor's degree
in english, with a technical writing emphasis."

Whoever wrote this was doing it on their off day. Run on sentences, mixed
subjects, unclear point, capitalization errors... Here's a go at it:

"I'm happy to say that I learned about nouns in public school. I even
learned to diagram my sentences. I'm also happy to say that I'm a
semester away from a bachelor's degree in English with an emphasis in
technical writing."

It's still not clear if there is a point to this, but at least it's readable.

Born to rewrite...
andreas