U.S. Department of Education study---Kids doesn't right good.

Subject: U.S. Department of Education study---Kids doesn't right good.
From: Carrie Walljasper <CARRIEW -at- MOM -dot- SPIE -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 12:19:25 -0700

This thread is so relevant to what I am experiencing!

I homeschool my 10-year-old son, Bryan. He has asked over and
over WHY he has to write (in this case, journals). My answers,
because they come from "Mom", do not mean much to him right now.
(I have showed him my books, my pay checks, pulled out different
types of writing, talked about how knowing HOW to write will help
him in specific careers, etc.)

Would any of you be willing to write a short note to Bryan (at my
address, carriew -at- mom -dot- spie -dot- org), encouraging him to learn to write
well? Hearing from other professionals might make a BIG difference
in his willingness to put out the effort. (And I would be VERY
greatful for the help!)

Carrie Walljasper
carriew -at- mom -dot- spie -dot- org