Re: Cursing on the net

Subject: Re: Cursing on the net
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <arlen -dot- walker -at- CORE -dot- CORP -dot- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 09:03:29 -0500

>>BTW, Pat, as per the profanity discussion, if you _must_ be obscene,
>>please at least be creative.

>I think what this means is, "Please don't curse around here." If that's
>how you feel, why not say it? Or at least give us some examples of
>creativity that we could emulate.

I think what was meant was what was said. I saw nothing in either end of
that exchange that bore the slightest spark of creativity. Both sides were
tired, old cliches which had nothing to do with the topic of this list.
Neither side even demonstrated particularly clear, lucid writing.

Unless, of course, this was all intended as an example of what *not* to do. :{>}

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
"The Four Horse Oppressors of the Apocalypse were Nutritional
Deprivation, State of Belligerency, Widespread Transmittable Condition and
Terminal Inconvenience"
- Official Politically Correct Dictionary