Job available in RTP, NC area

Subject: Job available in RTP, NC area
From: "USA::MU17692" <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 16:35:00 EDT

I am the Employment Committee chaiperson for the Carolina Chapter of
STC. I have several leads on jobs in the Research Triangle Park area of
eastern North Carolina that I am posting to this list.

If you all don't mind, I will continue to post leads as I get them.

If you become aware of a lead in this part of the country or are
looking for a technical communicator, please let me know directly.

Thank you.

Editor II SAS Institute Cary, NC

Call 919-677-8000 and ask for the job line extension. (I cannot
remember the number.) Job number 2485 is the Editor II job.

Act fast if you're interested. SAS wants a completed jpb application
by the close of business on August 8. They will probably accept a
fax as an interim solution to meeting the strict deadline.

Note: SAS is an awesome place to work. Many people in this area
dream of working there.

Technical Writer Seer Technologies, Inc. Cary, NC

Requirements include knowledge of distributed computing systems,
UNIX, client-server systems. Knowledge of FrameMaker is helpful.

Note: Seer is a fast-paced entrepreneurial company. In other words,
you work your butt off, but you learn a lot. Seer is based out of
New York City but moved a large part of operation here to save
money on overhead.

If you're interested, fax a resume to Ron Haber, Director of
Employment: (919) 469-1910.

Copy Editor/Technical Writer Monoloth Corporation Raleigh, NC

Monolith is young software company that sells turnkey systems in
a very vertical market. Their products address the needs of PICK
software users. Call Lois at (919) 878-1900 for more information.

Michael Andrew Uhl, Group Leader (MU17692 -at- Glaxo -dot- COM)
Technical Communication Consulting Group
Medical Data Sciences, Medical Data Administration
Glaxo Inc. Research Institute
Five Moore Drive Room 5.3357
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
(919) 990-6353