Re: &*%$ words

Subject: Re: &*%$ words
From: Debbie Molinaro <MollyDee -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 01:46:28 EDT

Shelly La Rock <larock -at- tycho -dot- arh -dot- cdc -dot- com> wrote:
>If a person doesn't think that an
>expletive or any other word is appropriate to put in their message, >then
don't put it. And don't put any version of it either, because I'm >sure
everyone here is smart enought to figure it out. If someone >doesn't think
the "f word" is right to say, then I assume they won't >want to think it
either.

I have to disagree here. I might very well type sh*t because I know very well
that you know very well what I wanted to say. I don't know how it is on the
rest of the net, but that little asterisk keeps me from getting kicked off
aol. (It's a family service.)
George Carlin addressed this issue some 20 years ago... he did a routine
about seven words you couldn't say on TV. But now we see how times have
changed. I think they're saying all but one of them on the major networks.
Now, someone ought to do a post on the seven words you can't post on the
Internet.
What the hey, though. Some folks offend easily. Other folks couldn't even get
Cover Girl to make them blush.

Debbie Molinaro
MollyDee -at- aol -dot- com
molinaro_debbie -at- ny -dot- mrc -dot- sony -dot- com