Re: Book indexing as a career?

Subject: Re: Book indexing as a career?
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 21:28:57 GMT

Whether the field of indexing is "growing," I don't know, but
everybody I've ever heard from who has had a book professionally
indexed sings the praises of this craft and the people who do it.
There's a professional society for them, but I have no further
information -- hence the crosspost to bit.listserv.techwr-l, with
followups back here to misc.writing.

Cheers,
Joe
"The pallid pimp of the dead-line/The enervate of the pen" -Robert Service