Re[2]: Finding out if anyone

Subject: Re[2]: Finding out if anyone
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 09:48:34 CDT

For Marilynne Smith, et al:

Thanks, Marilynne, for reminding me why the comment
forms so often go unused.

Our customers can complain about document failures
via telephone, fax, E-mail, or the comment form. Regardless,
we return a letter to the customer advising receipt of their
comments, action being taken, resolution of the problem (if
critical), and attach a change package (if problem is critical)
or advise the customer when and in what version of the document
to expect to see any change(s). When the change is ready, we
mail copies to all our customers. It's a service they pay for
when they buy the product or maintenance agreement.

The result is that we receive frequent comments from
our customers. Most point out shortcomings of our documents,
such as difficulties of finding needed information. We
respond with new reference tools, additional cross references,
duplication of information, etc., whatever we can determine
best suites the customers' needs.

If you don't solicit customer comments, you won't get
any. The result could be documents that turn silk purse product
into sow's ear customer perception and reduced sales.

Best Regards!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411
STC Mail: cbanks -at- talkdallas -dot- com