Caryn's right!

Subject: Caryn's right!
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 13:42:00 -0700

Yes, Caryn, it certainly would be ideal if we all tried to adhere to
the same writing standards. The reason technical writers and editors
exist is simply because they can relay information so it is readable
and usable. And how much more readable and usable would that
information be if only writing standards were more standardized and
less whatever-you-want-ish! That's exactly my point in my "Ms.
Thistlebottom" column in our STC newsletter. And that's why I call
her "Ms." rather than Berstein's "Miss." Beth

==================================
If Berstein's character title is widely known as -= Miss =-
^^^^^^
then I'm confused as to why you think changing it to -=Ms.=-

advances the idea of standards? On a related note, I
^^^^^^^^^
recall a recent thread somewhere discussing whether it was

"Ms." or "Ms" or "MS" and the various bases. Just some

thoughts. :)

Rich
rxs459 -at- fep1 -dot- rl -dot- gov