Technical Writer Positions

Subject: Technical Writer Positions
From: "Cathy S. Zazueta" <csz -at- CERF -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 14:58:53 -0700

Without taking into consideration experience and other requirements,
when a job posting asks that applicants have "a degree in Journalism,
English, Technical Communications or RELATED area," does a degree in
French or another language qualify as a related field????? It may
depend on the particular position ... or does it?

I notice various editorial and writing jobs use these terms, and I've
always wondered if my undergraduate degree in French fits the bill. I
did focus on language, translation, stylistics as opposed to literature.
Many thanks!

Cathy S. Zazueta, Librarian csz -at- cerf -dot- net