Re: About Long Posts for Conferences, Calls for Papers, Etc.

Subject: Re: About Long Posts for Conferences, Calls for Papers, Etc.
From: Charles Sides <csides -at- FSCVAX -dot- FSC -dot- MASS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 15:04:18 EDT

I certainly agree about long posts for conferences, calls for papers, etc.,
and I am very interested in these opportunities. Plus I have submitted my
own call for papers a couple of times.

I am fortunate to have an e-mail system that allows me to determine
whether or not to read a message by seeing its length and its subject
line before I plow through it. As a result, if I see a 665 line post,
I generally skip it. And as a result of that, it's a failed communication
for at least one potential audience member.

Regards,

Charles Sides
csides -at- fscvax -dot- fsc -dot- mass -dot- edu