Re: Internet Guides

Subject: Re: Internet Guides
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 12:44:16 PDT

> |} The time is ripe for an easy to use, easy to understand user's guide to the
> |} Internet. If I'm behind the times, please give title and author.
> |}
> |} -Marilynne
> |}

Well, "behind the times" happens pretty fast these days on this topic.
A few months ago I was in a little Crown Books in a strip mall in
Burlingame, CA (not really part of Silicon Valley) and they had an
AISLE (not a shelf, an AISLE) devoted to Internet books already.
Looks like a repeat of the torrent of "Computer" books of the 80's.
(Which turned into a nightmare for book retailers; they can't judge 'em.)

For beginners, only you can judge the appealing ones from the dreck.
You got to go to the bookstore and (sigh) wade in.

The following is a way for weenies to help aspiring weenies: