A4 page size

Subject: A4 page size
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 06:28:00 UTC

You could use IBM's BookMaster and ship it ready to print. Since you could
print the same text with different style files, it would not be difficult to
prepare print files for different page sizes. BookMaster is a General
Markup Language (GML) and only takes the characteristics of the final
documentation when it is processed for printing. (I suspect that doesn't
make total sense to non-GML users. I'll try again.)

BookMaster documents are prepared in files containing codes and text. In
this form it looks nothing like the final text. When you are ready to
print, you process the files before printing. At that time, the style file
takes over. You could, in theory, have a style file for European customers
and a style file for American customers. If you did your work correctly,
the same base file would print for both with only a one word change in the
document.

To make it easy for your customer, you could ship the processed file, ready
for printing or you could print the book.

-Marilynne