Oracle`s DB2 Gateway

Subject: Oracle`s DB2 Gateway
From: exe03084 <exe03084 -at- CHAR2 -dot- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 1994 09:38:57 -0400

>Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder,comp.databases.oracle
>From: kassama -at- cuug -dot- ab -dot- ca (Anwar Kassam 237-3892)
>Subject: Oracle's DB2 Gateway
>Sender: usenet -at- cuug -dot- ab -dot- ca
>Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 20:09:10 GMT

>Has anyone used ORACLE's new release of DB2 gateway? Any positive or
>negative experiences. Also has anyone tried to access DB2 data using
>POWERBUILDER or MICROSOFT'S ACCESS.

>Thanks in advance.

>kassama -at- cuug -dot- ab -dot- ca

Currently accessing DB2 gateway by connecting our SQL Server on NT
to another server running Microsoft SNA server and Sybase MDI Gateway.
Performance is kinda slow, would not want to do any thing speed
critical but features are good. Do you have to use oracle to connect to
db2 ?

James McGovern
Command Systems
One Corporate Center